Sunday, May 12, 2013

MORE love.

Baby number three will be here before we know it, and I am so, so excited.

Excited for a little ball that fits nicely in the crook of one arm.  For baby feet and baby coos, for little fingers that cling, for baby stretches and baby yawns, for a family of five.  Five!

In a way, I am more excited for this little bundle than I was for Abby or Jett.  Abby, being the first, brought a whole bunch of surprises.  And when Jett was born... Well, I was worried.  And I felt guilty.

"Can I handle this?"
"How can I do this to Abby and turn her whole world upside down?"
"I love Abby so much... There's no way I'll love this baby as much."
"This is not fair because I can't be fair!"

But of course my fears were laid to rest in no time, and I was FILLED with love.

And I know the same will be true this time around.  When Jett was born, more love filled my heart and my momma soul, and I expect my love to be multiplied exponentially with this little guy.

I still wonder how we'll move from man to man to zone, and I know we have many sleepy nights and days ahead, but the love I know is coming has me filled to the brim with excitement.

Now just hold on a little bit longer baby boy... We are ready to love you, but Daddy could use just a few more days in the tractor!

No comments: